saving . . . saved How to change a status of inprogress to completed of a student has been deleted. How to change a status of inprogress to completed of a student has been hidden .
How to change a status of inprogress to completed of a student
Title
Question
Respected Sir / Madam,

I have conducted an exam on moodle and add a timer in a quiz. The time is up and student does not click on submit and finish. Though all its data is there in review attempt but its status is in progress and I am not able to grade them
Kindly help me out for this !

Moodle-Learning-Management-System Quiz-in-Moodle 02-03 min 10-20 sec 15-03-19, 1:53 p.m. neha.purohit22

Answers:

You need to setup and run cron process.
Kindly go through the following Moodle Doc for this - https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Cron

15-03-19, 2 p.m. kashmira.n

What are your settings for Quiz under Edit Settings --> Timing -> When time expires?

Also, who are you logged in as when you say "Though all its data is there in review attempt but its status is in progress"?

Quizzes are graded automatically after they are submitted, teachers need not grade them separately.
15-03-19, 2:06 p.m. itspriyanka
Mam if we add question type as essay or short answer, in that case teacher need to do manual grading. For  MCQ , automatic grading is done but for essay type and VPL questions we need to go for manual grading sometimes and in that case i am not able to do it
15-03-19, 4:01 p.m. neha.purohit22
I understand, that is why I need to know your quiz settings. 
15-03-19, 4:04 p.m. itspriyanka
Please tell your Moodle Site Administrator to setup cron process.
This will auto-submit the unsubmitted quiz attempts after quiz time is up.
This will change the quiz state from 'In progress' to 'Finished' and then you can grade the questions needing manual grading.
19-03-19, 2:47 p.m. kashmira.n

Login to add comment

Link to Moodle doc on this topic:- https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Better_handling_of_overdue_quiz_attempts
03-04-19, 6:45 p.m. kashmira.n

Log-in to answer to this question.