saving . . . saved Changing the reboiler pressure and reflux ratio has been deleted. Changing the reboiler pressure and reflux ratio has been hidden .
Changing the reboiler pressure and reflux ratio
Title
Question
Dear sir,
In the given problem, I am not able to run the simulation at 1 atm reboiler pressure. It is showing an error. Also, I am not able to change the pressure to a smaller value. If I have to change the pressure, I have to enter a higher value than the previous value to run the simulation. Can you please explain me the reason behind this. 
Also, I am not able to keep the reflux ratio in decimal.

DWSIM Rigorous-Distillation 07-08 min 0-10 sec 18-01-19, 11:09 p.m. simran_97

Answers:

I tried running the simulation at 1 atm reboiler pressure and 0.9 atm reboiler pressure and could do it successfully. I kept all the remaining parameters same as in the tutorial. Please make sure that after you change condenser or reboiler pressure, you interpolate the intermediate stage pressures under column configuration. If still it doesn't work, please send your file to "contact-dwsim@fossee.in" to see the error. I ran the simulation in DWSIM version 5.6 Update 7.

Reflux ratio in decimal is also working fine. It tried with 2 different reflux ratio as 2.1 and 2.5 and the simulation was successful. Please let us know what error message it was displaying while simulating with reflux ratio in decimal.
31-01-19, 1:14 p.m. priyamnayak

Check the units of "Product Molar Flow" in the Reboiler section...Change it to kmol/hr if not already selected..The software by default sets the units in mol/s in that section! Hope that solves your problem
06-08-20, 6:55 p.m. A_Iyer37

Log-in to answer to this question.