About Communication Gap..... between Public Librarians and Remote Centers
Respected Sir/ Madam
There may be a communication gap of language between Public Librarians and Remote Centers, on the following points.
1. Some public librarians till not handled any software.
2. Training language in spoken tutorial in Hindi is preferable for public librarians but they wants instructions in local language from coordinator at the time of difficulty
3. Some college librarians are also registered for this programme, the level / speed of learning may be vary between public librarians and college librarians / staff.
4. In the registration process.... there is no options in the drop down list for public library .
5. Most of the public libraries are not yet registered due to information required (mandatory), regarding head of organization, Ph no. , email id. etc. So, may be registration process is critical to public librarians.
6. Till in my region no one can (public librarian) registered yet. Only College staff/ librarians are registered for this programme.
Koha-Library-Management-System General None min None sec
Thanks for pointing out these important issues. We hope to dub the Koha Spoken Tutorials into other Indian languages, which will solve some problems. We will also take the help of college libraries to address the issues with public libraries. Hopefully, this can be done over a period of time.