saving . . . saved Wrong statement has been deleted. Wrong statement has been hidden .
Wrong statement
Title
Question
I checked the script to see if I heard it wrong. But both are wrong.
You cannot say 'In the absence of lactose, it will block the RNA polymerase to transcribe the LacZ gene.'
I assume you mean LacI product is blocking RNA polymerase. That means LacZ gene will not be transcribed.
You make it sound like LacI product will block RNA polymerase and make it possible for LacZ gene transcription.

PhET Gene-Machine-The-Lac-Operon 05-06 min 0-10 sec 23-07-18, 7:02 p.m. Phil

Answers:

We will modify this sentence, if we find the translation of this sentence to other Indian languages conveys the wrong meaning.

It could have been phrased better, as below,

In the absence of lactose, it will block the RNA polymerase and prevents transcription of LacZ gene.
26-07-18, 3:50 p.m. snehalathak

In the absence of lactose, it will block the RNA polymerase and prevent transcription of LacZ gene.
Not prevents

I don't quite follow the logic of translating to other Indian languages...I was referring to the English script on the website. Are you saying that your test for correct writing in English is its proper translation into other Indian languages and not comprehensibility to other English speakers?
06-08-18, 11:26 p.m. Phil

Log-in to answer to this question.