saving . . . saved Gerber files has been deleted. Gerber files has been hidden .
Gerber files
Title
Question
Q1) What is Gerber files? Why do we need the circuit in the gerber files format? How we will use it later, yes you did etching on FR$ Copper cladded sheet but how using Gerber files? 
Q2)What is ground plane? Why it's placed outside the board outline? What's the role of it in the circuit?
Q3)What do we mean by f.silks or say silk layer why we need the in the circuit?
Q4)Do we mean f.cu will place the tracks on front side and b.cu on the bottom side of the pcb? Why we need either of them to be distinguished based on the role? Many times I have seen the tracks on front side and many times on the bottom side. Do we differentiate their need based on the space requirement of components to be placed on the pcb?
Q5)Why we left the ground terminals without any tracks, how they will get the ground supply from the outside/external ckt.?

eSim Laying-Tracks-on-PCB 10-11 min 50-60 sec 01-06-22, 10:41 p.m. sc256356

Answers:

1) Gerber files contain the information about the PCB. It is used by the manufacturer to manufacture the PCB. Please refer:
<a href="https://www.pcbway.com/helpcenter/technical_support/Generate_Gerber_file_from_Kicad.html">Technical Support - Generate Gerber file from Kicad (pcbway.com)</a>

2) Ground plane is a large area of copper which as a return path (ground) for the circuit, signal, etc. It is used to protect the PCB from noises, RF interferences, etc. Grounding can be of two types-digital and analog depending upon the requirement.

3) Silk layer is a ink used on the component side of the PCB. It is used to print the component names, tracks, company name, etc on the PCB. The PCB is in green or blue color and the names are written in white color. It is easily seen on development boards like Arduino, Raspberry Pi etc.

4) Yes, f.cu and b.cu mean front copper layer and bottom copper layer respectively. Please refer: 

<a href="https://forum.kicad.info/t/what-is-the-meaning-of-the-layers-in-pcb-new-and-in-the-footprint-editor-kicad-5-and-earlier/9688">What is the meaning of the layers in pcb_new and in the footprint editor? (KiCad 5 and earlier) - FAQ - KiCad.info Forums</a>

These layers are not needed in single layer PCB but in multi layer/2 layer PCB where components cannot be connect in single side copper paths. For example: In Astable multivibrator using 555 timer, it is not possible to short pin 6 and pin2 of IC 555 using single layer PCB(a jumper need to be used which is undesirable). So in such cases 2layer/Multilayer PCBs are needed.

5) The ground terminals are covered/directly connected to the ground plane which in turn is connected to the external supply trough connector. Hence, we do not need to build a track for ground terminal,

Please let me know, if any more doubts.

Thank You.
Regards,
Sumanto Kar

02-06-22, 12:28 a.m. SumantoKar
What about other 4 questions? Please explain them also
02-06-22, 9:31 a.m. sc256356
Sorry, there was an error. Please find the answer now.
02-06-22, 9:39 a.m. SumantoKar
Sir, 
I understood to some extent what you have written there. I have even gone through the links you provided in the articles above. But I request you, can you upload a video of a lecture where you will practically show all these things on real PCB. Silk layers and all are easily understood and Gerber files are also but B.Cu, F.Cu, F.Fab, B.Fab layers on single layer were understood but as mentioned in the article about various layers and F.Mask, F.Paste were some other terms which I understood theoretically but can you show it practically in the video. This will illustrate the things very simply and we can observe them in reality instead of imagining them by reading that article which we understood to a large extent. I urge you to include that video lecture and this may help the students enrolling in future and will get a practical exposure also. Also please include the explanation about SMD and THT about they look. I searched them on internet but the images were not explaining it to that much extent. Please do the needful. This will not take more than a 10-15 minute video. Hope you will take some steps.
02-06-22, 2:56 p.m. sc256356
Include all the portions above you have explained, in that video. Students will be happy that they got a practical exposure from the lecture.
02-06-22, 2:57 p.m. sc256356
Dear Learner,

Okay. We have noted your points and will try to create some additional materials for the same.

Thank you.
Regards,
Sumanto Kar
eSim Team
02-06-22, 3:20 p.m. SumantoKar
When you will be done after making that lecture please send me an email as a reply to make me also available for the same. Hope you will do it as soon as possible. Not now only but maybe within a few days.
02-06-22, 6:53 p.m. sc256356

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.