saving . . . saved Using DWSIM for simulation of steel plant has been deleted. Using DWSIM for simulation of steel plant has been hidden .
Using DWSIM for simulation of steel plant
Title
Question

Hello,

I have been trying to use DWSIM to simulate a basic blast furnace used in the iron making process. I am having a hard time using the compound creation tool available within DWSIM as some of the data that is generated seems to be practically flawed. It would be great if i could know if there are any specific websites to obtain .json files for compounds like Fe, FeS, MgCO3 etc. used in the cement industry. I would also like to know which is the most preferred property package for this scenario.

Thank you.

DWSIM General None min None sec 07-04-22, 10:18 a.m. Vengdhanathan

Answers:

The best way will be to collect the thermophysical properties of the required components and enter them directly in the compound creator wizard rather than making use of functional group contribution methods. Please remember that the functional group contribution method makes use of empirical correlations to calculate the property values and might not be accurate always.
18-04-22, 7:49 p.m. priyamnayak
Thank you sir for the suggestion, will try an implement it.
18-04-22, 8:08 p.m. Vengdhanathan

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.