saving . . . saved i am using windows 10 and i am geting SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape has been deleted. i am using windows 10 and i am geting SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape has been hidden .
i am using windows 10 and i am geting SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape
Title
Question
 hi sir, 
              i was trying this and i amfacing thiserror please helpme  

year, profit = loadtxt('C:\Users\DDay\Downloads\Compressed\company-a-data.txt', unpack=True)
  File "<ipython-input-7-27db1e0fb82c>", line 1
    year, profit = loadtxt('C:\Users\DDay\Downloads\Compressed\company-a-data.txt', unpack=True)
                                                                                  ^
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

Python Other-types-of-plots 02-03 min 40-50 sec 04-05-21, 1:51 p.m. deepanshu181

Answers:

The problem is with the string

"C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\beeline.txt"
Here, \U in "C:\Users... starts an eight-character Unicode escape, such as \U00014321. In your code, the escape is followed by the character 's', which is invalid.

You either need to duplicate all backslashes:

"C:\\Users\\Eric\\Desktop\\beeline.txt"
Or prefix the string with r (to produce a raw string):

r"C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\beeline.txt"
09-07-21, 11:42 a.m. ankitrj.iitb

avinashl.comp_ioe@bkc.met.edu
30-10-22, 6:07 p.m. avinashl.comp_ioe@bkc.met.edu

The "SyntaxError: (Unicode error) '<a href="https://net-informations.com/python/err/codec.htm" target="" title="">unicodeescape</a>' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \uxxxxxxxx escape" error occurs when Python encounters a string with an incomplete Unicode escape sequence, typically in the form of "\u" followed by hexadecimal digits. To fix this error, you should either provide a complete Unicode escape sequence (e.g., "\uXXXX" where XXXX represents four hexadecimal digits) or use a raw string by prefixing the string with "r" to avoid interpreting backslashes as escape characters. For example, if you intended to use a backslash in the string, you can write it as "\" or use a raw string like r"". Ensure that any Unicode escape sequences in your code are correctly formatted to resolve this error.

18-09-23, 11:17 a.m. paulwings

Log-in to answer to this question.