FOSSEE Custom Unit Operation Project
I attended the 3-Day DWSIM workshop from 18th to 20th February 2021.
We are a group of 3 students for the final year major project at college, we were thinking about the custom modeling project at FOSSEE DWSIM as an option so wanted to know a few things:
1.None of us know coding so we were thinking about taking the Python bootcamp course on Udemy.So, is a basic level online Python course sufficient to code a custom unit operation in DWSIM as it says Iron Python?
2. Will we be able to complete the custom modeling project in a span of 2 and half months along with the formalities? As we have to submit the project to college .
3. Can a group of 3 students work on a single custom modeling project?
4th Year B.Tech UG Student
Vishwakarma Institute OF Technology, Pune
DWSIM General None min None sec
Here are the answers to your questions.
1. If you know the basics of the python programming language, you can easily work with IronPython scripting. Help is available at the developer's website with the syntax for IronPython scripting.
2. Completing the project with two months will depend on how much time you devote to the project during those two months and how seriously you work on it. If you devote enough time and effort, it is quite possible that you can complete the project within a month as well.
3. Yes, we do not have any problem if a group of 3 students works on the project.