saving . . . saved Difficulties in installing on Mac OS X has been deleted. Difficulties in installing on Mac OS X has been hidden .
Difficulties in installing on Mac OS X
Title
Question
while following the instructions for download of <span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">ChemCollective Virtual Labs on Mac OS, i have downloaded successfully but unfortunately it says while double clicking on vlab.jar, that the </span>“vlab.jar” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.<span style="color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;; font-size: 11px; text-align: center;">macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.</span>
<span style="color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;; font-size: 11px; text-align: center;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;; font-size: 11px; text-align: center;">Also, i tried to install the software onto a Windows OS computer. The installation was complete and successful. but i was not able to extract files from vlab.jar</span>

ChemCollective-Virtual-Labs Download-and-Installation-of-VLabs 11-12 min 0-10 sec 08-12-20, 4:42 p.m. arunima.nayak12@gmail.com

Answers:

In the terminal, change directory to the one containing the vlab.jar file and type,
>java -jar vlab.jar

One may also click on 'Ok' or 'Open Anyway', at the prompt to confirm opening the software interface.

Java is needed to run .jar file, in Windows OS as well.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/jar/jarGuide.html 
08-12-20, 5:05 p.m. ranipv005
also used a Windows 10 OS desktop for installation. Java was installed as well as Vlab. But Vlab.jar is not opening in this OS
08-12-20, 10:04 p.m. arunima.nayak12@gmail.com

Login to add comment

In Mac , if you are unable to open the 'vlab.jar', and if you see error messages.
vlab.jar” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Go toSystem Preferenceswindow, click on 'Security and Privacy'settings,select'General' tab,at the bottom of the window you see the error message and a button"Open Anyway".Click on  it.Vlab interface opens.

08-12-20, 6:20 p.m. snehalathak
the suggestion offered by you was helpful. Mac was able to open the Vlab.jar file. but the message comes as follows:
the message below as shown in image shows no change

08-12-20, 8:55 p.m. arunima.nayak12@gmail.com
the message reads: Welcome to ChemCollectiveVirtualChemistryLab
Please wait...
Initializing Virtual Chemistry Lab...
There is no change in this message ever since it started initializing

Pls suggest what to do
08-12-20, 8:57 p.m. arunima.nayak12@gmail.com

Login to add comment

@Arunima, not sure what mistake you are doing.  It is possible that you don't have the correct version of Java.
I could install it on my Mac, Catalina OS.  Please see it in this screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZuHtPmMb7EFQncu8JNmtWbbsCT4dVP_z/view?usp=sharing

This is what I did:
I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it.  I located the file vlab.jar and did a ctrl-click on it in my Mac.  It warned me that it was from an unknown source.  I asked it to open any way, and that was that.
11-12-20, 10:12 p.m. kannan

To add to my earlier comment, you may not have to change the Mac OS X version.  It may be sufficient to change the java version.  I am using java version 1.8.0_144.

It is also possible that the zip file of ChemCollective Virtual Labs software is not downloaded properly on your machine.  You may want to check this first, before trying to change the java version, if necessary.
12-12-20, 8:23 a.m. kannan

Log-in to answer to this question.