saving . . . saved How to Plot Time depended result. has been deleted. How to Plot Time depended result. has been hidden .
How to Plot Time depended result.
Title
Question
If I am running a transient simulation. I wanted to plot variation of a property at a particular point with respect to time. i.e. time in x axis and property in y axis. how to do that. 

OpenFOAM Basic-Post-Processing-using-ParaView 12-13 min 50-60 sec 27-09-20, 12:52 p.m. arjunputhusseri@gmail.com

Answers:

You can use "Plot over Time" filter to plot data. But first you need to add a "Probe" at the point you want all data to be plotted.

Thanks,
Divyesh
28-09-20, 9:07 a.m. divyesh7
Did try that. But in the property list I can't access my U and p fields. so graph is blank.
28-09-20, 11:57 a.m. arjunputhusseri@gmail.com
Dear Arjun,

You can try the following:

1. Filters - Data Analysis - Extract Location

2. In the properties tab on the left, you can enter the coordinates of the point you want the data of. Just below that, you may choose the 'Mode' to be either the 'Cell at exact location' for the data of the closest cell or 'Interpolate at location' for averaged values at the point you had specified earlier. Then click on Apply. Your layout will only show the cell or the point now, depending upon the Mode you had chosen.

3. Then you can choose: Filters - Data Analysis - Plot data over time

4. This should give you the plots.

Regards,
Ashley
28-09-20, 8:42 p.m. ashleymelvin1193@gmail.com
Thank you.
29-09-20, 3:34 p.m. arjunputhusseri@gmail.com

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.