saving . . . saved Errors were encountered while processing: tomcat8 has been deleted. Errors were encountered while processing: tomcat8 has been hidden .
Errors were encountered while processing: tomcat8
Title
Question
Dear Sir/Madam,
When I am again trying to ready for Dspace installation and have followed all the instructions and when I have given the command " sudo dpkg --configure -a" it has been showing the following error. why has it been showing? so please help me to solve this problem. 

dspace@sanjib123-Inspiron-14-3467:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
Setting up tomcat8 (8.5.39-1ubuntu1~18.04.3) ...
cp: cannot overwrite non-directory '/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT' with directory '/usr/share/tomcat8-root/default_root'
dpkg: error processing package tomcat8 (--configure):
 installed tomcat8 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 tomcat8

DSpace Getting-ready-for-DSpace-Installation 01-02 min 0-10 sec 22-08-20, 9:02 p.m. SAN2020

Answers:

It looks like you have already installed pre-requisite packages of DSpace (tomcat). As you are again trying to install additional packages, which is causing conflict with previously installed packages. Kindly uninstall previous packages and again try to install pre-requisites. It is recommended to use freshly installed Ubuntu 18.04 system.

26-08-20, 7:35 p.m. pankajap@cse.iitb.ac.in

Log-in to answer to this question.