saving . . . saved QUERY ABOUT PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE has been deleted. QUERY ABOUT PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE has been hidden .
QUERY ABOUT PYTHON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Title
Question
<span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">My Name is Amogh Arun Desai. I am an MCA FIRST YEAR Student.</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">I have three queries</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: normal;">1) After installing the spoken tutorials content file as a zip file and when I selected extract files and selected folder which I have created it is showing me error.</span>
<span style="font-size: 12.8px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12.8px;">2) After installing Python on Windows OS. To practise tutorials when I opened the ipython folder in All Programs and selected ipython, pylab and scipy and press enter it showed that the Python Program had crashed.</span>

So What I Have to do further ?   

3) I am not getting the link 'CODE FILES' for Common Instructions to use code files below the player.

Python General None min None sec 30-09-15, 12:11 p.m. amogh

Answers:

Hello Amogh,

I understand you are a Windows user.  Pls follow these recommendations:
1. Extract the content of the downloaded folder onto your machine.  You can use an online zip file extractor if you don't have a program on your machine that does extraction.   But extracting the files and folders is of paramount importance.

If you try to play the videos from the "Archive Manager", you will keep getting errors.

2. Open only "ipython console".  You will need "pylab" and "scipy" much later in the series.  The tutorials will explain when to do what.  Just follow the instructions properly and you will be able to learn python.

3. After extracting the content, locate and open "index.html" file with either Firefox / Google Chrome / Chromium web browser only.  Pls do not use IE for this.  This is an offline viewing mode and does not require internet connectivity.  The browser capabilities are only used for viewing the videos.
Once you do this, you will be able to see the "Code files" link below the player.

Lastly, remember to followside-by-side learning methodology.  Here is the link to the video. 
http://spoken-tutorial.org/watch/Spoken%2BTutorial%2BTechnology/Side%2Bby%2BSide%2BMethod/English/

Rgds,
Nancy

30-09-15, 12:27 p.m. nancy

Log-in to answer to this question.