saving . . . saved AVD and"Make Project" or try to make "apk" error has been deleted. AVD and"Make Project" or try to make "apk" error has been hidden .
AVD and"Make Project" or try to make "apk" error
Title
Question
 When I tried to run AVD or click on"Make Project" or try to make "apk", the following error shows:

Executing tasks: [:app:assembleDebug] in project C:\Users\SONAM\AndroidStudioProjects\MyApp
> Task :app:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:compileDebugAidl NO-SOURCE
> Task :app:generateDebugBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:javaPreCompileDebug UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:compileDebugRenderscript NO-SOURCE
> Task :app:mainApkListPersistenceDebug UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:generateDebugResources UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:createDebugCompatibleScreenManifests UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:extractDeepLinksDebug UP-TO-DATE
> Task :app:processDebugManifest
> Task :app:mergeDebugResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:mergeDebugResources'.
> Multiple task action failures occurred:
   > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #4: Daemon startup failed
        Please check if you installed the Windows Universal C Runtime.
        This should not happen under normal circumstances, please file an issue if it does.
   > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #3: Daemon startup failed
        This should not happen under normal circumstances, please file an issue if it does.
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #5: Daemon startup failed
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #6: Daemon startup failed
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #7: Daemon startup failed
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #8: Daemon startup failed
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #9: Daemon startup failed
      > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.3-6040484-windows Daemon #10: Daemon startup failed

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 5s
8 actionable tasks: 2 executed, 6 up-to-date

I already try to update Windows Universal C Runtime but my  system does not accept it with error message "this update is not applicable to your computer"

I tried with all these options also but not clear any error. "Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights"

Android-app-using-Kotlin Getting-started-with-Hello-World-app 13-14 min 50-60 sec 19-05-20, 7:05 p.m. Rishabh15

Answers:

In our tutorial, we are teaching to connect your android phone to run the app. we are not handling on how to create an AVD to use the Android Emulator.

Please follow all the steps as specified in the tutorial.

19-05-20, 9:50 p.m. NirmalaVenkat
My basic problem is error in building the project
and it has no connection with AVD(which is next problem)

Task :app:mergeDebugResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception
20-05-20, 12:35 p.m. Rishabh15

Login to add comment

Check this link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30764604/execution-failed-for-task-appmergedebugresources-crunching-cruncher-png-fa/33284865

20-05-20, 2:49 p.m. NirmalaVenkat
I have tried these solutions(not working)
But  my case is not of image uploading
I simply make a project as shown in "Getting Started with Hello World App"
and this problem occurs
Please Help
20-05-20, 4:54 p.m. Rishabh15

Login to add comment

There may be various reasons for not building the project:

1.Your laptop configuration should have the specifications as given under system requirements in the link https://developer.android.com/studio/

2. Make sure Java is installed on your system.

3. Install Android Studio as per the instruction given in https://spoken-tutorial.org/media/videos/105/Android-app-using-Kotlin-Installation-Sheet-English.pdf

4.There should not be drop in Internet connection while installing and building the First project. Some of the gradle may not be downloaded completly.

5. It may be due to the long path of the project directory.

6. Close the project and open it again.

7.Click on the File menu in the menu bar and

Select Invalidate Caches/ Restartmenu.
20-05-20, 5:05 p.m. NirmalaVenkat

Log-in to answer to this question.