Some helpful posts:
Moodle docs on this:
You can alternatively try deploying the plugin manually at the server:
- 'Attendance' plugin's path should be path_to_moodle\mod
Let us know if you have any further queries.
If you don't want to give special permissions for the htdocs folder in your Windows10 computer, there is a roundabout trick.
1. You can unzip the moodle.zip archive in any of the drives you have (eg, 'D:/' or 'E:/' or 'C:/') into any personal folder you want.
2. Then, go to the moodle folder which contains install.php and other moodle files and folders.
3. Open this location in CMD (or just open CMD and traverse here using cd command).
4. Type the command "<font color="#00CC00">php -S localhost:8052</font>" [You can use any number of choice instead of 52]
5. Now, you can go to your browser and go to this link you just created (localhost:8052)
6. Start using Moodle as usual.
(Start Apache and MySQL first)