saving . . . saved Reset Course for New Academic Year has been deleted. Reset Course for New Academic Year has been hidden .
Reset Course for New Academic Year
Title
Question
Sir/Madam,
After completion of academic year and start of new academic year, how to delete all data including all participants. I tried to reset course but old students only got unenrolled they still appears in participants list.

How to delete these students also from participants list?

Moodle-Learning-Management-System General None min None sec 13-05-20, 8:32 p.m. sapana.58ahirrao@gmail.com

Answers:

Did you try this? 
- https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Reset_course#Role_Reset_Options
Imp note - Do not select 'Teacher' role here, i.e, in the 'Roles' section while performing course reset.

Also, it is always advisable to take a course backup before resetting the course so as to avoid data loss.
Check this out - 
- https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Course_backup

Also, what are your role assignments on the Moodle platform you are using?

Let us know if you have any further queries.

16-05-20, 1:16 a.m. kashmira.n

Yes I tried this. Students gets unenrolled but when i tried to enrolled new students from Participants list, old students name also appears in it. I want to remove old students list from unenrolled students also
17-05-20, 1:16 a.m. sapana.58ahirrao@gmail.com
What is your role on the Moodle platform you are using; 'Teacher', 'Site administrator' etc.?

Users with 'Teacher' role have limited set of capabilities.
If the previous students were enrolled by the 'Site admin', then you might not have any control over that and need to approach your site administrator for this.

One other way can be, just create a new course for the new academic year.
This is also possible only if you have some higher roles in Moodle like Site administrator, Course creator or Manager.
Again, users with 'Teacher' role in Moodle cannot create new courses and can only edit the courses assigned to them.
So, if you are a 'Teacher' in Moodle then please contact your 'Site admin' for this.

Also, when you say "when i tried to enrolled new students from Participants list, old students name also appears in it", how exactly are you carrying out the enrolments, i.e, is it 'Cohort sync', 'Manual enrolment' or any other method?

Also, if possible, please share screen shots of what you are trying to achieve so that we can take a look at it.
Upload the screenshots to your google drive, enable sharing and post the links here.

Let us know about this.

17-05-20, 3:28 p.m. kashmira.n

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.