saving . . . saved Regarding Uploading of a book resource has been deleted. Regarding Uploading of a book resource has been hidden .
Regarding Uploading of a book resource
Title
Question

<span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 15.3333px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial;">Hi!</span>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 15.3333px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial;">How can I upload book link from my own machine? </span> I did not find it anywhere while practicing to upload book recourse. 

<span style="background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 15.3333px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(85, 85, 85);">Secondly, can i upload the pdf of a book available on the internet? </span> is it legally viable to provide a link (say pdf format of a book)  of a book without the permission of author or publisher? 

<o:p></o:p>

Further, <span style="font-size: 12pt; line-height: 18.4px; font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;, serif;">What is the meaning of <span style="color: rgb(55, 58, 60); background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial;">ID number</span> under the title of </span>Common module settings?

<o:p></o:p>

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards 

Dr. Sukhpal Singh, A.P.

Department of Basic and Applied Sciences

Punjabi University, Patiala-147002

Moodle-Learning-Management-System Formatting-Course-material-in-Moodle 05-06 min 30-40 sec 07-05-20, 7:17 a.m. sukhpal_78@rediffmail.com

Answers:

It is legal to provide the link to the pdf file.

It is NOT legal to upload the pdf/video or any such content, without an explicit permission from the creator.

If the content is licensed under Creative Commons, it is generally legal to upload it as it is.  Most of MHRD project created content is released under a Creative Commons License.  For example, Spoken Tutorial is one such resource.

07-05-20, 8 a.m. kannan

For uploading files from your local system, you will have to add a 'File' resource in Moodle.

Steps:
- Open up your course
- Turn editing on
- Click on 'Add an activity or resource'; an 'Activity chooser' pop-up appears
- Scroll down and select 'File' option here; click on 'Add'
- In the next window, enter your file details and upload the file in 'Select files' section
- After filling in the details, click on 'Save and return to course'
- You should be able to view the uploaded file resource
- Turn off editing mode

Also, if you click on the '?'(Help) icon next to the field 'ID number' in 'Common module settings', you will see the description of that field.
It says, "Setting an ID number provides a way of identifying the activity for grade calculation purposes..."

Let me know if you have any further queries.
07-05-20, 9:29 p.m. kashmira.n

Log-in to answer to this question.