saving . . . saved PFR Assignment has been deleted. PFR Assignment has been hidden .
PFR Assignment
Title
Question
Please tell us what are the chemical reaction kinetics specifications we need to put in the settings menu? after giving some appropriate specifications on researching , the flow sheet is giving pressure drop error inside PFR! Please help? Thanks, with regards. 

DWSIM Plug-Flow-Reactor 12-13 min 20-30 sec 06-05-20, 11:52 a.m. 9shubh_1729

Answers:

Following are the important factors to be taken care of while adding a kinetic reaction:

1. Base component
2. Order of the reaction
3. Reaction basis
4. Reaction phase
5. Arrhenius constant and activation energy
6. Amount units and velocity units

These factors are to be determined from the given rate equation.

Apart from these reaction parameters, the pressure drop error may also occur if the Reactor Volume and Reactor Length is not specified correctly.

Please check. If you still continue to face the issue, please mail your simulation file at contact-dwsim@fossee.in.
06-05-20, 3:56 p.m. priyamnayak
What is Base Component in DWSIM? I searched the Web but I am not able to conclude anything
14-07-20, 2:48 p.m. himanshu08
The limiting component in a reaction stoichiometry is referred to as base component.
14-07-20, 3:10 p.m. priyamnayak
Thanks for the info sir
14-07-20, 3:56 p.m. himanshu08
Could you also tell me about DO. I wish to know with respect to which regent do we take DO because in the Tutorial it was not mentioned. Also not mentioned in the assignment. 
Also, I just checked in the tutorial, sir took N2 as Base Component, But in Reality H2 is the limiting reagent. So can Base Component be LR
14-07-20, 4:14 p.m. himanshu08

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.