Yes. There are a few points to be taken into consideration like the hardware, number of concurrent users etc.
- Performance -> https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Performance
- Performance FAQ -> https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Performance_FAQ
A dedicated Moodle forum:
- Hardware and performance -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=596
Some Moodle forum posts related to this:
- How much concurrent users does moodle support? -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=195631
- Hardware for 100 concurrent users -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=377871
- Finding max concurrent users of a server -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=397116
- Performance with 2500 concurrent users -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=385348
- Apache Performance Tuning
- 5 Tips to Boost the Performance of Your Apache Web Server
- Apache Performance Tuning: MPM Directives
You can also use Munin, a networked resource monitoring tool.
Also, JMeter can be used for load testing Moodle system.
Apache JMeter, designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance
Check this out:
- JMeter -> https://docs.moodle.org/dev/JMeter
- JMeter test plan generator -> https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/JMeter_test_plan_generator
- JMeter Scripts -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=119443
- Has anyone successfully run a jmeter test with 1000 users? -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=368620
- Jmeter or loading script/app to simulate concurrent users takng quizzes -> https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=377231