saving . . . saved Explaination is not clear as majority of viewers are using windows based machines. has been deleted. Explaination is not clear as majority of viewers are using windows based machines. has been hidden .
Explaination is not clear as majority of viewers are using windows based machines.
Title
Question
I have seen all basic tutorials and it went well, but as soon as I switched to intermediate level the only first video became a lot harder to understand, because first of all you are practicing this in a ubuntu os, while most of the students have windows installed in their machines. Why did you do this?  I request you pls explain on a windows machine, I will be humble to see that. and secondly the first video of assembly language should be understood properly which is not is this case. because we don't know how to install and use AVRA and avrdude on our computers, I tried from my side, surfed through the internet but there also there is not much appropriate sources to rely upon. Please sir/ madam consider ourselves and Please please please make tutorials with clear step by step guide. we want to learn as you teach but the thing is you are not considering us as the way it should be. At last it is my humble request please upload an informative video on how to install AVRA and avrdude on windows also how to use them for microcontrollers, and if not possible provide an alternative for that , thankyou for reading we are waiting for your response. 

Arduino Assembly-programming-through-Arduino 02-03 min 20-30 sec 19-04-20, 9:25 a.m. Mufaddal

Answers:

Spoken Tutorial project is about learning and teaching on various Free/Libre and Open Source Software. So that's why all our tutorials are based on ubuntu Linux.

Please refer to the below link on how to install AVRA and avrdude on windows.(See the third page)
https://spoken-tutorial.org/media/videos/85/1060/resources/Assembly-programming-through-Arduino-Additionalmaterial.pdf

We have given the general instructions for windows user in the Instruction sheet:
https://spoken-tutorial.org/media/videos/85/Arduino-Instruction-Sheet-English.pdf

Please read the instruction sheet before proceeding further.

In windows, you have to use the command prompt to execute the avrdude and avra commands.

19-04-20, 8:13 p.m. NirmalaVenkat
Thankyou so much ma'am, for answering the query one more help I need from you is that I need command list to enter in command prompt in order to convert. asm file to. hex file and to upload it to arduino board also I don't know which path to specify before the upload and build command. Please provide a reference to look for. I have installed Winavr and avrdude successfully. 
19-04-20, 8:54 p.m. Mufaddal

Login to add comment

The alternate way to create a hex file of your asm code in arduino is as follows:

Lets assume that we are uploading simple blink code to upload the code.

1. Once you write the code in Arduino software, as usual you need to compile it to check whether the code is right. After doing that, click on File option in the above menu bar and then click on Preferences.

2. A new window will open. In this new window, tick the compilation box and then press OK button to save the changes.

3. Now, compile the code again. As we know after compilation, there are many commands in the black portion 
at bottom of the arduino screen.

4.The last line of these commands is the link to your hex file.

For me it is showing
"C:\Users\91810\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_534626/Blink.ino.hex"

Note: Here, I have intentionally highlighted the hex part so the user gets to know which file they should be concentrating on.

5. Now, when you see this command, Copy the link.

6. Paste this command on your computer address bar. Before pressing enter, remove the double inverted commas from both sides of the link and also remove the name of the hex file i.e. Blink.ion.hex

7. So now the link will become:
C:\Users\91810\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_534626/

8. Now press enter. A folder will open up. In that folder you will see the hex file of your asm code.

If you are still not clear about the precedure, feel free to ask.

Thank You

19-04-20, 10:17 p.m. Pratikjb11
Thankyou very much Sir, as mentioned earlier I had asked about the 13th tutorial which is regarding assembly language programming with arduino and it is explained on ubuntu OS that's why I am unable to understand the steps to write, compile and upload the assembly language code the only step till I was able to follow was the typing of assembly code, installing winavr and avrdude written in the instruction sheet, but the problem encontered when I move after these steps because I don't know how to modify the text files of that code how to make it upload to arduino board what program should I use, if it is cmd than what commands are required to be typed to execute the necessary action in order to display number on seven segement display or for any other task. You said me about arduino software which I think refers to arduino IDE. which only accepts High level lanaguage . And I think command prompt is the only way to achieve this thing, That's why I wanted the list of commands to enter into cmd in order to perform this. Sir I am completely newbie to assembly language, so pleaee help me clear my doubts. 
19-04-20, 11:24 p.m. Mufaddal

Login to add comment

To know different commands you want to perform in command prompt:

open the command prompt, go to your C directory by typing cd/ and enter.
You will be directed to your C directory.
Then type, avrdude -help/ and press enter.
You will see the list of commands you can execute in command prompt.
20-04-20, 2:32 p.m. Pratikjb11

20-04-20, 2:51 p.m. Pratikjb11
Regarding your other question on how to execute the program on command prompt, do following steps;
I am giving this explanation for Blink of LED. You can execute the same steps for various different codes.

Now, 
Open notepad in your PC.
Write the code given for blink of dot-led.
Save the file as LED_Blink.c
Open WinAVR app.
Select File option.
Then select Open.
Now select the LED_Blink file you saved earlier.
Click on File option. 
Select Save as and name the file Blink.hex

Now open Command Prompt and type

avrdude -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:Blink.hex

and press enter.

Here are some of the explanation of the commands used in above link:

-patmega328p = -p specifies the AVR device, in this case we are using atmega328p chip.

-carduino = -c specifies the programmer type.

-PCOM3 = -P specifies the port of your PC to which you have connected to arduino board.

-b115200 = -b tells the baud rate at which the program will execute.

-D = Disables auto erase for flash memory.

-U = Memory operation specification.

20-04-20, 3:20 p.m. Pratikjb11

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.