saving . . . saved Unable to run the program has been deleted. Unable to run the program has been hidden .
Unable to run the program
Title
Question
I am using windows 10, I am typing my program in notepad++
after typing I dont know where to shave my file or how to use command prompt to run my program. I am trying instruction given in video and the Instruction sheet. Please help me.

C-and-Cpp First-C-Program 07-08 min 30-40 sec 16-04-20, 9:53 p.m. Polu_shenko

Answers:

Kindly create a folder named "Practice" on your "Desktop" and save your programs inside that.
Follow the installation sheet and install MinGW.
Then open Windows command prompt.
Go to the folder "Practice" by typing the following command: cd c:\Users\(username)\Desktop\Practice and press Enter.
Then follow the instructions as explained in the video.
16-04-20, 10:21 p.m. pravin1389
C:\Users\User>gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../src/gcc-6.3.0/configure --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --with-gmp=/mingw --with-mpfr --with-mpc=/mingw --with-isl=/mingw --prefix=/mingw --disable-win32-registry --with-arch=i586 --with-tune=generic --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,fortran,ada --with-pkgversion='MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1' --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-threads --with-dwarf2 --disable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-libiconv-prefix=/mingw --with-libintl-prefix=/mingw --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libgomp --disable-libvtv --enable-nls
Thread model: win32
gcc version 6.3.0 (MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1)

C:\Users\User>Desktop\practice
'Desktop\practice' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\User> cd C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice\talk
The directory name is invalid.

C:\Users\User>C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice
'C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

This message is showing after typing the command
Please help me
18-04-20, 8:55 p.m. Polu_shenko

Login to add comment

C:\Users\User>gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../src/gcc-6.3.0/configure --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --with-gmp=/mingw --with-mpfr --with-mpc=/mingw --with-isl=/mingw --prefix=/mingw --disable-win32-registry --with-arch=i586 --with-tune=generic --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,fortran,ada --with-pkgversion='MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1' --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-threads --with-dwarf2 --disable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-libiconv-prefix=/mingw --with-libintl-prefix=/mingw --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libgomp --disable-libvtv --enable-nls
Thread model: win32
gcc version 6.3.0 (MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1)

C:\Users\User>Desktop\practice
'Desktop\practice' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\User> cd C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice\talk
The directory name is invalid.

C:\Users\User>C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice
'C:\Users\User\Desktop\practice' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

This message is showing after typing the command
Please help me
17-04-20, 5:27 p.m. Polu_shenko

Hi Polu_shenko,
Please follow the below steps for creating, compiling and executing the program:
1. Create a folder on your desktop "Practice".
2. Open Notepad++ and create a first program shown in the video.
3. Goto File -> Save As and save the program under Desktop -> Practice with name as "talk.c" (name of the program file)
4. Open command prompt and give the full path of your "Practice" folder and press enter.
For Example:   cd "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Practice\" 
5. To compile the program, write down below command: 
gcc talk.c -o myoutput
6. To execute the program, write down below command:
myoutput
7. Output will be shown....

Hope above steps will work fine. If still face problem then please let me know.

01-05-20, 4:15 p.m. uzairaziz2004

Log-in to answer to this question.