saving . . . saved How to make a Monte Carlo analysis in Open Modelica has been deleted. How to make a Monte Carlo analysis in Open Modelica has been hidden .
How to make a Monte Carlo analysis in Open Modelica
Title
Question
Dear Forum,
I'm a newby in Open Modelica. It seems as far as I see that there isn't any built-in way to perform a Monte Carlo analysis in OM.

I mean to define tolerances (e.g. Uniform, Normal etc...) to some parameters and then run a Monte Carlo analysis (e.g. 1000 runs) and check the effect of the variation to a given signal.

Do you have any simple example (e.g. simple RC filter) on how to make it? 

I do appreaciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Knot

OpenModelica General None min None sec 12-04-20, 7:57 p.m. Knot83

Answers:

Sorry, at present statistical libraries seem to be available only on commercial basis.  Hopefully in the future (don't know when), OM will have an interface to Scilab or R or both.  When that happens all required statistical functions will be available in OM.
13-04-20, 7:57 p.m. kannan

Thank you.

Actually I've read this <a href="https://modelica.org/events/modelica2008/Proceedings/sessions/session5k.pdf" target="" title="link">link</a> where they explain how to generate a randomic number for a Uniform distribution defining a "Function". I tried to define it in Open Modelica but it seems I cannot add Functions to a given schematic (Model). Is there anything I'm doing wrong or misunderstood from the link above?

Thanks,
Knot
15-04-20, 6:52 p.m. Knot83

Log-in to answer to this question.