saving . . . saved Regarding Bend pipe 90 degree fluid flow has been deleted. Regarding Bend pipe 90 degree fluid flow has been hidden .
Regarding Bend pipe 90 degree fluid flow
Title
Question
I learned so much from your videos. Recently i have started simulation using salome with openfoam.As per video i tried, i got it  but  I have small doubt. 
When r = -10 means ? 
Divided disk construction, radius = 1 means, both inlet and outlet circle radius as 1? 
one paper i have seen R =  Bend axis , r = Radius of the bend. Please tell me how to take r and R ?

OpenFOAM Creating-and-meshing-a-curved-pipe-geometry-in-Salome-for-OpenFOAM 07-08 min 10-20 sec 09-01-18, 6:49 p.m. vnarayana

Answers:

Hi,
r = -10 is used to create the arc in (positive)x-(positive)y plane. Since by default it making the arc in the (negative) x- (positive) y plane. This you can graphically visualize in salome by keeping the dialog box slightly aside from the graphic window.
The inlet and outlet radios is fixed as 1.

22-01-18, 4:38 p.m. sathishk12
hey there, what about the units, 10means mm or meter?
31-01-18, 3:31 p.m. infinito

Login to add comment

Hi,
In Salome we get our dimensions in meters by default.
You can convert the dimensions after importing in openFoam if required using the line shown below. Which will convert the pipe dimensions from m to mm.
transformPoints -scale "(1e-3 1e-3 1e-3)"

Regards,
Sathish

31-01-18, 3:53 p.m. sathishk12

Log-in to answer to this question.