saving . . . saved how to add mhd to natural convection problem in openfoam has been deleted. how to add mhd to natural convection problem in openfoam has been hidden .
how to add mhd to natural convection problem in openfoam
Title
Question
Good morning sir,
I am simulating three dimensional cavity problem using buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam, for this problem how to add MHD. I know how to change Ha in mhdfoam solver. my question is i want to change Rayleigh number and Hartmaan number, then what will be effect heat transfer? Can you please help me. Thank you sir.

OpenFOAM General None min None sec 07-11-17, 1:39 p.m. vnarayana

Answers:

Hi,
If you have installed foam extend version, check the "boussinesqBuoyantFoam" in the "heatTransfer" solvers. I attach the pdf, kindly go through and modify the "boussinesqBuoyantFoam" with "mhd" terms and try to solve your case.
"boussinesqBuoyantFoam" takes gravity into account, but it is transient solver based on PISO algorithm.
But the solver is available only in foam-extend version.
In the pdf go through the solver creation of epotFoam.
Regarding, adding MHD in "buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam", I will update in couple of days.

http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/~hani/kurser/OS_CFD_2016/AlessandroTassone/report_Tassone.pdf

Regards,
Sathish

07-11-17, 3:24 p.m. sathishk12
I have gone through the link which you sent. Not mentioned about heat transfer. Help me how to add mhd equation to buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam
13-04-18, 2:58 p.m. vnarayana

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.