saving . . . saved Assigning operating pressure for distillation column has been deleted. Assigning operating pressure for distillation column has been hidden .
Assigning operating pressure for distillation column
Title
Question
Good day Sir/Mam

I am a chemical engineering student from South Africa. I watched the shortcut and rigorous distillation tutorial which were extremely helpful for my project. However I wanted to ask how do you assign operating pressure for distillation column ?. I have to design a pressure swing distillation system, where the first column operates at a low pressure and the second column operates at a higher pressure to separate azeotropic mixture. How can I change the operating pressures of both columns?

Your assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

DWSIM Rigorous-Distillation 06-07 min 50-60 sec 26-07-17, 11:54 p.m. mbali20

Answers:

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: q_serif, Georgia, Times, &quot;Times New Roman&quot;, serif; font-size: 14px;">There are many parameters need to be considered while selecting operating pressure of distillation column - check out the <a href="https://www.icrfq.com/part/3937433-GS120203.html" target="" title="">pressure sensor</a> needed for this. But primarily it is decided to a value that can enable the use of cheapest cooling media in condensor and/or heating media in reboiler (trade off between two is considered to achieve minimum utility cost).</span>
13-08-17, 1:26 p.m. lowpaymore

Log-in to answer to this question.