Enclosure created around the cylinder
I want to know the following:
1. Since the cylinder is a solid entity, the enclosure is a surface body or a solid itself?
2. If the enclosure is a solid, then do i have to subtract the cylinder from the enclosure to be able to mesh the area external to the cylinder?
3. I am using SALOME. I used a solid body and a solid enclosure, specified the groups and generated the mesh. Later in the terminal i imported using ideasUnvToFoam and then used blockMesh then checkMesh commands. Till here it is all, the mesh is good, but when running the adjointShapeOptimizationFoam solver it shows FATAL ERROR. And i dont know what to do. Please help. Any suggestion will be helpful.
OpenFOAM Importing-mesh-file-in-OpenFOAM 01-02 min 10-20 sec
1) The enclosure is the farfield required to specify the atmospheric conditions. Yes, you may consider it as a solid body.
2) Yes, you must subtract.
3) Why did you use both ideasUnvToFoam and blockMesh commands? OnlyideasUnvToFoam is enough to import the mesh completely.