saving . . . saved Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square enclosure with single horizontal fin has been deleted. Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square enclosure with single horizontal fin has been hidden .
Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square enclosure with single horizontal fin
Title
Question
Good morning sir, i am validating the following paper " Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square enclosure with single horizontal fin" using openFOAM. i tried to change blockMesh but i couldn't succeed. i asked my friend to send mesh file from Ansys. he sent me i tried but  i got like this

narayana@narayana-Lenovo-G50-80:~$ cd /home/narayana/cavity
narayana@narayana-Lenovo-G50-80:~/cavity$ fluentMeshToFoam temp.msh
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\\
| =========                 |                                                 |
| \\\\      /  F ield         | OpenFOAM: The Open Source CFD Toolbox           |
|  \\\\    /   O peration     | Version:  2.4.0                                 |
|   \\\\  /    A nd           | Web:      www.OpenFOAM.org                      |
|    \\\\/     M anipulation  |                                                 |
\\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build  : 2.4.0-f0842aea0e77
Exec   : fluentMeshToFoam temp.poly
Date   : Jun 26 2016
Time   : 21:23:00
Host   : "narayana-Lenovo-G50-80"
PID    : 3078
Case   : /home/narayana/cavity
nProcs : 1
sigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).
fileModificationChecking : Monitoring run-time modified files using timeStampMaster
allowSystemOperations : Allowing user-supplied system call operations

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

FINISHED LEXING

dimension of grid: 0
Creating shapes for 3-D cells
Building patch-less mesh...done.

Building boundary and internal patches.

Writing mesh... to "constant/polyMesh"  done.

End

narayana@narayana-Lenovo-G50-80:~/cavity$
creating a Constant folder, in that boundary file only zero presented.
How can i proceed further. with out boundary file i dont know what to do? please help me .
i asked my friend to change the extension but still got the same. Any idea sir? for trial i am using icoFoam solver. my solver is buoyantBoussinesqSimpleFoam. geometry is 2D

OpenFOAM Creating-simple-geometry-in-OpenFOAM 10-11 min 40-50 sec 27-06-16, 10:01 a.m. vnari

Answers:

Dear Narayana,

As you can see in the executing line after fluentMeshToFoam, no grid dimension has been found, so no boundary file is created. The proper conversion to fluent to foam mesh greatly depends upon the type of mesh. In openFOAM, fluentMeshToFoam supports tet, hex, pyramid, prism\r\ntype of mesh. So you might have some problem if you are using some other form.

I would rather suggest you to use GSMH to create the mesh file. It is easy and provided good structured mesh. You can follow some of the Spoken Tutorials on GMSH on this website: http://spoken-tutorial.org/to get a better idea.

Do let me know how it works out.

27-06-16, 12:22 p.m. Subhasree

Log-in to answer to this question.