saving . . . saved Please Support India's Own BOSSLINUX by signing the petiotion has been deleted. Please Support India's Own BOSSLINUX by signing the petiotion has been Shown .
Please Support India's Own BOSSLINUX by signing the petiotion
Title
Question
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
      Hi All !\r\n <blockquote>\r\n

I've started the petition "India's Honorable Prime Minister\r\n Shree Narendra Modi: Implement India's Own Operating System\r\n 'Bharat Operating System (BOSS)' immediately in State and\r\n Central Government Offices, Schools, Colleges and Universities\r\n in place of Microsoft Windows by an Ordinance" and need your\r\n help to get it off the ground.

\r\n

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the\r\n link:

\r\n

<a href="http://email.change.org/mpss/c/pQA/SCE/t.1m2/sfHaftlIR2aWP7ljlhpRSQ/h1/W9oZwjoGX5ulRlet7FB-2BvEVJWeS5eDUx1Gb0S9f6MKBahcrWEvykyS4DxY0h2g3TcVDefpBMu6LN7nJCBJRGaiXI7npya6xnOXBdW8BeYTfzW5dVI0iL6lAvlvDJ7i9K5nUBHS3FSJ8rqvm2JIhWLTbs39RMIPiS9AaRpNpq0g5m-2BLQX84u2j-2BFOVpkuVaMMtaFLC9aD7czJjGAKoJa4Fb2MwGemkUj8p8phgou3whg16QU1xVYtl1EnJinvdtzCj9fiPq-2FNncvEfmXgO6PE4-2BgIvB8nL1X6q3aRyCSIn-2FXBUK7LW-2BpkLWPyNXSsMr0g0BhexK-2F23XvK3YuFJJRqSfhlQ8rh-2BHcdx-2F01bxhO3BHcFRolOyVhDcTKSWLvxEgVcdyvOqCmdYWg6F62G-2B24gZJ-2BYlM7kqTtW2EzVSqK00ypKtTqqEHKcJR6kaAIDiVvHDGa3jT2PGaJkSApnN10Mg-3D-3D" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.change.org/p/india-s-honorable-prime-minister-shree-narendra-modi-implement-india-s-own-operating-system-bharat-operating-system-boss-immediately-in-state-and-central-government-offices-schools-colleges-and-universities-in-place-of-microsoft-windows-by-an-ordina</a>\r\n

\r\n

Here's why it's important:

\r\n

\r\n

Corruption in our country (India) has increased to such a\r\n great extent that you do not require ACB, CBI, SIT or any\r\n sting operation. Thanks to technology era. Just with a few\r\n clicks you get all evidences of corruption and also thanks to\r\n RTI which is now available online !

\r\n

Please watch the beautiful video  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7slEkFP-g">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7slEkFP-g</a> \r\n from you tube  (Duration 1 Min 3 sec)

\r\n

It is created by our own Government of India for promotion of\r\n India's software achievement -- BOSS , to replace Microsoft\r\n Windows. Note the upload date - 1 June 2010. Obviously the\r\n video is made for promotion and free distribution of BOSS\r\n DVD's to school, college students, in villages and to common\r\n man. It was made for National Channel and was to be shown\r\n regularly as it is done for similar schemes (Beti Bachao,\r\n Swachhata Abhiyan, Polio, Shauchalaya etc). But this video is\r\n perhaps blocked by Censor Board or Government (for about 5\r\n years !). The reasons are best known to themselves.
\r\n I have really failed to realize any thing objectionable in the\r\n video or in the Lyrics which goes like this

\r\n

Dil Ki Soch Daud Rahi Hai
\r\n Kal Ki Shan Ko Hasil Karne
\r\n Aaj Yanha !

\r\n

Unglia Nache Subkuch Sikhe
\r\n Pragati Prerana Pal Pal Paye
\r\n Aaj Yahna !

\r\n

Apna Khayal, Apne Sapne
\r\n Pagaye, Pankh Naye
\r\n Hum Udenge, Aap Udenge
\r\n Aaa Gaya, Aaa Gaya
\r\n Naya BOSS !

\r\n

Ye Bharat Ki Shan Hai !          ( It is pride of\r\n India )
\r\n Duniya Me Pehachan Hai !     (It is the Identity of\r\n India in the World)
\r\n

\r\n

BHARAT OPERATING SYSTEM SOLUTIONS (BOSS)

\r\n

In fact when I show this video to a common person, his/her\r\n face shines with joy and pride for the country. Then I ask -\r\n do you really know that our country has made its own operating\r\n system for the sole purpose replacing Microsoft Windows ?\r\n He/she says No ! Then I ask , why this video has not been\r\n shown on National channel for last five years if the DVD was\r\n to be distributed freely across the country ?

\r\n

The unique answer comes out quite naturally , after a\r\n pause, Corruption ! To create fertile ground for Microsoft !

\r\n

The common man is right. BOSS is free, open source and\r\n perfect replacement for Microsoft Windows, it could have saved\r\n trillions of dollars (or more..) for our country in last five\r\n years.
\r\n India could have also avoided the slavery and dependency that\r\n we are facing today. ( Unfortunately most of the Indians are\r\n not aware of this slavery and on the contrary believe that\r\n India will be a Superpower).

\r\n

Then question comes.... what are the benefits and drawbacks\r\n of this Bharat Operating System ? There are plenty of benefits\r\n and no drawbacks. I show them official government document of\r\n benefits -- Tamilnadu GO dated 12 March 2014, (You can get it\r\n on internet). Common man is not aware that Tamilnadu\r\n Government has made it mandatory. Then question comes why not\r\n in our own state ? I have no answer ...

\r\n

AFAIK no school, college , university has received\r\n the free DVD's through UGC,Education Departments and through\r\n publicly announced programs and circulars, despite the fact\r\n that special version of BOSS, "EduBoss" is created for\r\n Education Field !

\r\n

The BOSS DVD is completely free. As per the free scheme on\r\n BOSS site (<a href="http://email.change.org/mpss/c/pQA/SCE/t.1m2/sfHaftlIR2aWP7ljlhpRSQ/h2/NAn2QjgfmX9v7XUZhxITGH72-2FvBKY8gVODkyKd33RcY-3D" moz-do-not-send="true" rel="nofollow">www.bosslinux.in</a>) I registered with my\r\n email, address and mob number and after a few days, I received\r\n a free BOSS DVD. Then many of my friends tried to register and\r\n procure BOSS DVD but to their surprise, site was down for\r\n technical problems ! ( Coincidence ?!). No one has received\r\n DVD after it is delivered to me. Site is still closed as of\r\n today 11/4/2015 for more than one month.

\r\n

Every news regarding BOSS is always on 3rd, 4th,5th page and\r\n that is also in news papers such as Economic Times, Financial\r\n Express etc but the DVD is supposed to be distributed to\r\n common man, even in villages ! Every activity and\r\n project related to BOSS is kept as a secret although it is\r\n "Bharat Ki Shan Hai, Duniya Me Pehechan Hai !"

\r\n

I had filed an RTI (Reg No. DITEC/R/2015/60052)\r\n to Information and Technology Ministry (The Ministry who\r\n created BOSS to replace MS Windows !). I asked them how much\r\n amount was spent to purchase MS Windows only in one financial\r\n year 2013-14. I was shocked to see the reply - Rs\r\n 1,18,77,136/- Taxes Extra ! They have already spent thousands\r\n of crores on CDAC to create BOSS as replacement for MS\r\n Windows, how can they spend such huge public fund to again buy\r\n MS Windows when BOSS was ready to replace MS Windows right\r\n from June 2010 ? This is the case of only one office and one\r\n financial year. You can imagine the expenditure in all central\r\n and state government Offices, Schools, Colleges and\r\n Universities. India can never become a Superpower if such huge\r\n foreign currency is spent on non-tangible software products\r\n which are easily available and made available by the\r\n government absolutely and legally free. You realize\r\n now why so much secrecy is maintained about BOSS which is a\r\n pride of our country !

\r\n

Another interesting thing is that "Make In India" is one of\r\n the most Ambitious Project of our Honorable Prime Minister\r\n Shree Narendra Modiji but most of the people do not know that\r\n BOSS is a part of "Make In India". (See financial express\r\n dated 12 Jan 2015). While "Make in India" is promoted\r\n vigorously, BOSS is not promoted. The above mentioned video\r\n promotion is still in Black Box. What is the problem\r\n in broadcasting the video if it is a part of "Make In India"\r\n ?

\r\n

There are thousands of courses in hundreds of Indian\r\n Universities openly recommending Microsoft's proprietary\r\n products such as MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point\r\n etc in their Syllabi. I, being a teacher, really feel ashamed\r\n that the whole Education System (or the whole country ?) is\r\n run by Microsoft, when the free & open source alternatives\r\n are available and moreover they are made available by our own\r\n country for the sole purpose of replacing Microsoft products.\r\n Why they have not removed such commercial products from\r\n syllabi and replaced them with BOSS and other similar free and\r\n open source public domain software ?

\r\n

On paper government has been successful in proving that it\r\n has declared a war against Microsoft and other commercial\r\n software giants in favor of our country but in reality they\r\n have put a red carpet for them allowing a strong iron grip on\r\n the nation. Getting a certificate from Microsoft with courses\r\n like MS-CIT and calling us as IT literate is a real tragic\r\n joke in India.
\r\n (Stephan Hawking has rightly said "The greatest enemy of\r\n knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of\r\n knowledge.").

\r\n

\r\n The situation is exactly the same as it was in 150\r\n years ago before independence, the only difference being\r\n that Microsoft is now playing the role of East India\r\n Company.

\r\n

We must not spend time in finding out who is/are\r\n responsible for this tragic state of the country. But\r\n pressurize government to implement BOSS immediately through\r\n an ordinance...

\r\n

Note that no political party, no organization, no\r\n Indian can dare to oppose this ordinance once it is issued !

\r\n

Please sign the petition and start QUIT INDIA - II\r\n movement for closed and proprietary software. Share the\r\n petition with as many Indians as possible. Also share it\r\n with FOSS communities around the world. I am sure FOSS\r\n supporters in other countries will also  come forward and\r\n sign the petition.
\r\n

\r\n

Thanks and Regards,

\r\n

-- Milind

\r\n

"Journey of thousand miles begins with one step"\r\n - Lao Tzu 

\r\n

You can sign my petition <a href="http://email.change.org/mpss/c/pQA/SCE/t.1m2/sfHaftlIR2aWP7ljlhpRSQ/h3/W9oZwjoGX5ulRlet7FB-2BvEVJWeS5eDUx1Gb0S9f6MKBahcrWEvykyS4DxY0h2g3TcVDefpBMu6LN7nJCBJRGaiXI7npya6xnOXBdW8BeYTfzW5dVI0iL6lAvlvDJ7i9K5nUBHS3FSJ8rqvm2JIhWLTbs39RMIPiS9AaRpNpq0g5m-2BLQX84u2j-2BFOVpkuVaMMtaFLC9aD7czJjGAKoJa4Fb2MwGemkUj8p8phgou3whg16QU1xVYtl1EnJinvdtzCj9fiPq-2FNncvEfmXgO6PE4-2BgIvB8nL1X6q3aRyCSIn-2FXBUK7LW-2BpkLWPyNXSsMr0g0BhexK-2F23XvK3YuFJJRqSfhlQ8rh-2BHcdx-2F01bxhO3BHcFRolOyVhDcTKSWLvxEgVcdyvOqCmdYWg6F62G-2B24gZJ-2BYlM7kqTtW2EzVSqK00ypKtTqqEHKcJR6kaAIDiVvHDGa3jT2PGaJkSApnN10Mg-3D-3D" moz-do-not-send="true">by\r\n\r\n\r\n clicking here.</a>

\r\n

Thanks!
\r\n Milind Oka

\r\n </blockquote>\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n

BOSS-Linux General None min None sec 11-04-15, 5:04 p.m. Milindoka

Answers:

Log-in to answer to this question.